Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm almost convinced that most things in life are at least a little bittersweet.

Right now I'm sitting in the airport in Taiwan for the first of two 4 hour layover this in the next 24 hours! But I figured once I get to LA, my time will be spent on the phone that I have neglected for the past 6 weeks :)

The last few days have been filled with goodbyes and promises of keeping in touch on facebook and plans to return someday. It was hard to leave. It's going to be hard to go home. But it would have been hard to stay. As I sit here, I keep thinking of the so many different experiences from the past 6 weeks. It's like my mind has been playing a continuous movie since I got on the plane. I miss my friends.

But at the same time, it will be good to be home. I miss my family...BAD. And I miss my friends.

God is so good. And He is so powerful. And beyond my comprehension. And I think the more I learn about Him and grow in Him, the more of a mystery He becomes. And I think the mystery is good. Bc it makes us have to work in our relationship with Him.We are attracted to things that don't always come easy. We want to be challenged bc then we place importance on the knowledge we do gain bc we worked for it. I think God wants us to search His heart. He wants us to search His will. He wants us to see things and people through His eyes. He didn't lay everything out for us bc then there would be no challenge-therefore, less value. You dig and you dig and you dig...and you keep learning more! It's so exciting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios